Considering Water Filtration System in North Myrtle Beach, SC
You are filling a glass with water from the tap and bring it close to your mouth. Suddenly, you start to wonder whether or not this water is safe to drink.. Well, the authorities concerned with the supply of water to your house try to ensure that the water you get to your house is safe. But is it truly good enough to drink.
Water that is safe to drink needs to have a certain additives, like chlorine, for disinfection. But by the time the water reaches your home, it starts to accumulate several contaminants. Furthermore, the taste and smell of the treated water is often unpleasant. You can have it removed by using a water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
Why a Filter Is Needed
Water is the most important aspect of our lives and the local authorities in North Myrtle Beach, SC try their best to supply clean and safe drinking water. They add in disinfectants and make it pass through several processes that result in the water having a lingering smell and taste. Therefore, no matter how hard the companies try to supply safe, drinking water the residual contamination makes its way through the pipes and into our tap water.
Installing water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC can really help in removing these contaminants and the lingering taste of the disinfectants from the water that we get in our taps.
The Bottled Water Dilemma
Americans spend hundreds of millions dollars when they opt for buying bottled water not realizing the implication they have on our environment. The plastic bottles are dumped in the waste, which fill the landfills, and these are seriously harming and polluting our environment. The entire process from filling the bottles, to their transport and refrigeration, leaves an imposing carbon foot print. The almost irreversible damage caused to our environment because of these plastic bottles can easily be countered by installing water filtration system.
It is a very good sign that people are being educated about the harmful damage caused by bottled water to the environment and are opting for more environmental friendly alternatives. Water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC has gained popularity and more and more people are choosing them over plastic bottled water.
The health issues caused by consuming unsafe water should be taken seriously. If you suspect unsafe water in your taps you can always talk to the authorities about it. But if the water is not up to the par of safety standards due to plumbing issues, if the concerned authorities are, for some reason, unable to resolve the issue, or maybe you have your own water supply, then installing a water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC is the most feasible and sensible thing to do. Even when the authorities send safe water to your home there is a high potential that the water along the way accumulates contaminants and by the time it comes out of the tap there may be some contaminants and impurities.
Looking for a Certified Water Filtration System in North Myrtle Beach, SC
A certified water filtration system is guaranteed to follow international guidelines and can be an indication of quality product. Certified companies adhere to proper standards and follow best practices to ensure a high quality product for you.
Possible Contaminants in the Water
Water from your tap can potentially contain several impurities that are not supposed to be part of safe drinking water; this contamination can be both natural and artificial. Though some of these impurities only affect the visual aspect of water but many of these impurities can adversely affect your health. They can cause you to be seriously ill.
Chlorine and Fluorides are added to your water to kill bacteria but some researchers say that after a certain concentration, these chemicals can also cause damage to human health.
Microorganisms That Can Lurk in Your Tap Water
Unsafe and improperly treated water can have several different kinds of bacteria lurking in your tap water. These microorganisms can make a person seriously unwell.
- Bacteria: Sewage waste has plenty of harmful bacteria and accidental mix of the water can result in people getting seriously ill. The water supply authorities add chlorine to kill bacteria but sometimes bacteria can survive and pollute water supply. Therefore, installing a reliable water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC can help in reducing the risk of you or your family getting sick.
- Viruses: The viruses are mostly killed during water treatment and the harmful viruses in the water if survive an ingested by people, it can make them really sick.
Different Chemicals in the Tap Water
- Agro Chemicals: Agricultural chemicals like herbicides and pesticides are notorious to leach into water supplies and can cause serious harm to the health of the people. Many chemicals in the herbicides and pesticides are potential cancer causing chemicals.
- Nitrates and Nitrites: This, again, is another agrochemical that leaks into water supply and cause damage to our health. It is especially harmful to infants and young children.
- Chlorine: Chlorine is generally safe in controlled quantities but chlorine often reacts with the other impurities present in the water and can be converted into harmful by-products.
- Fluoride: Fluoride, when ingested at a higher concentration is harmful for the teeth and can cause tooth decay.
The Bottom Line
If you are experiencing a bad tasting or discolored water from your taps you should not take it lightly. You should immediately investigate it. Finding a prompt solution like installing water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC is a good idea.
Getting a water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC can really help in providing safe and healthy drinking water. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Myrtle Beach is a reliable company that can guide you through the entire process of acquiring the most efficient and effective water filtration system in North Myrtle Beach, SC.