Photo By Andrey_Popov at Shutterstock
Less than half of the world’s entire population has access to clean water and sanitation services. It’s easy to forget the importance of clean, free-flowing water in our homes, until the washing machine begins draining into the kitchen sink or bathtub.
Plumbing issues can cause problems in less than a day for your family or business. If the clogged toilet won’t flush on a Friday and you’re not careful about which plumber you call to remedy the situation, it may incur high fees.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is the most trusted plumbing service in Conway, SC because of our values and exceptionally trained team members.
We operate transparently and openly discuss the fees, parts and length of time to perform the repairs before our technicians begin working to resolve the issue.
We’ll arrive to your door quickly, perform the repairs as quietly as possible and tidy any mess left before declaring the job done. Benjamin Franklin plumbers take pride in the work they do and aim to allow their work to speak for them.
We’re the most trusted plumbers in the Conway, SC region and that’s because we put our customers first and treat our employees with gratitude and respect. Your time is important to us, we promise not to waste it!
Plumbing & Sanitation Services
- Free Camera Inspection Service for All Required Tasks
- Bathroom & Kitchen Renovation Planning
- Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling
- Tap, Faucet & Toilet Maintenance
- Installation of Conventional & Modern Water Heaters
- Water Heater Repair
- Installation & Repair of Expansion Tanks
- Drain Irrigation
- Bathroom & Kitchen Hardware Replacement & Repair
- Pipeline Planning
- Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation
- Pipe Break Patching
- Slab Leak Remedies
- Gas Leak Plugs & Repairs
- Sump Pump Maintenance & Installation
- Water Filtration Installation & Repair
- Well Maintenance
- Inspection for Yard Line Issues & Suspected Water Leaks
Protecting Your Pipes
Plumbers see the worst sanitation issues in homes and commercial properties. There are several maintenance tasks, tips and tricks to care for your plumbing system to prevent the worst from happening.
The most important factor is ensuring that everyone who uses the plumbing is careful of what they flush down the toilet or cram in the garbage disposal.
Plumbers understand that pipes and sewer lines are easily damaged if misused. Try to avoid using harsh chemicals to clear clogged drains. Older, metal pipes can be corroded by chemicals and may create weakened spots throughout the connections, resulting in leaks or even burst pipes.
Seasoned plumbers suggest using coarse salt (about one-fourth of a cup) and hot water (not boiling) to clear an obstruction. Keep running the hot water until the clog is removed.
Salt is much less corrosive than the products sold to do the job. Avoiding harsh chemicals will extend the length of your pipes and make it easier to maintain a functioning sanitation system.
The Importance of Plumbing Maintenance
If you suspect that your plumbing is faulty it’s best to hire plumbers to inspect the issues and deal with them immediately. A simple snake drain can clear away any superficial blockages and indicate bigger problems like an issue with the sewage system outside your home.
Taking care of your plumbing means you’ll require plumbers for the occasional maintenance task. These maintenance jobs can prevent extensive damage to your plumbing and protect your bank account too.
A few changes to your routine can make a big difference to the longevity of your plumbing system.
- Ensure that all tubs and sinks are protected with drain screens which will block objects from getting stuck in your pipes and causing backups. Make sure to clean the drain screens with every use and sanitize them afterward with hot water.
- Don’t empty fat, grease or chemicals down any drains. If you regularly need to dispose of grease reuse a glass or metal container and place in your garbage bin.
- Be smart about water pressure. There’s nothing wrong with having a strong shower but make sure the pressure threshold is appropriate for your pipes. Plumbers suggest purchasing a pressure gauge to measure the water force. If your plumbing is older consider reducing the water pressure to preserve the integrity of your pipes
- Be conscious of the effects of hard water. It’s bad for your skin, sewer system and your plumbing. Hard water is problematic due to the minerals (magnesium, zinc, calcium) that begin to coat your pipes and creates obstructions the water must work around to reach your faucets. Water softeners with the primary ingredient being salt help reduce the mineral build up in your plumbing.
- Talk to your family and co-workers about being careful not to flush diapers, feminine hygiene products, baby wipes (even if they are biodegradable), grease, harsh chemicals or any other unsuitable objects.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbers & Our Values
An un-flushable toilet, a clogged drain or malfunctioning garbage disposal can quickly bring a home or business to a halt. If these situations arise outside of normal working hours or during the weekend, a plumber can ask for a premium charge.
We believe in transparency and fairness. The Conway, SC community is Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s home and we strive to help our friends and family by offering clearly stated pricing and timelines during the inspection and estimation phase.
We won’t leave you waiting around all day either. We understand how precious time is and we’ll arrive on time, every time. Our technicians will arrive prepared with a fully stocked van complete with tools and parts.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides us with a variety of specialists from sewer line experts to water filtration installers.
The type of plumber who works for us provides exceptional customer service while aiding the client in understanding what is most advantageous for their plumbing and pipes.
We treat your home like our own and won’t leave a mess behind for you to clean up. We stand by our work and if you’re unhappy for any reason, please give our Conway, SC office a ring and we will make it right!