Professional Drain Cleaning Service | Myrtle Beach, SC
Photo By iNoomiPhoto at istock
Our busy SC city is a busy place that needs the best plumbing services to keep it running, and no task is more important than having a good drain cleaning service. Drain cleaning is an important job but an often-overlooked task that many people keep putting off from getting it taken care of. This is probably because it is a hidden problem that does not reveal itself until it is too late.
Your home’s plumbing acts like the veins and arteries in our bodies. When there is a problem, a careful diagnosis is required before corrective action is taken. For instance, the standing water in your sink may be due to a clog in the drainpipe or a blocked sewer line.
An inexperienced person may think a clog is causing the blockage and pour chemicals down your sink to remove it. This may prove to do more harm than good. A more experienced expert from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach will look a little more carefully for the underlying cause. The blockage may be located far away from your sink so no amount of chemicals will be able to reach it.
Our highly-trained technicians have the equipment and skills to quickly find the root cause of a problem. A drain cleaning service may be the best and safest way to deal with a blockage. Or it may not, whatever the solution you will be given all the facts to make an informed decision.
When Do You Need a Profession Drain Cleaning Service?
We at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing believe the best way to avoid a plumbing disaster is to have your plumbing system regularly checked. One of our plumbing services will spot any minor problems and offer you the chance to have them remedied before they become a more severe problem.
Having a service is not a panacea for all ills, and problems will occur despite routine service. But keeping an eye open for certain signs will reduce the need for an emergency callout and allow for a more thoughtful approach.
These signs include:
- Slowly draining water – If you notice that the water in your sink or bathtub is taking longer to drain away, this is likely due to a clog in your drainpipe., The clog will grow and slowly restrict the flow of water in the drainpipe. Ignoring clogs is a bad idea as eventually the drainpipe will be completely blocked, and you will be left with standing water that will not drain away.
- Hard to remove clogs – people will often resort to pouring harsh chemicals down a sink to remove. These blockages can be a bad idea especially if you have older pipework and joints. The stronger the chemicals the more corrosive they will be and could cause leaks to occur. We at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of SC have developed “Bio-Ben.” This biotechnical product uses microorganisms to eat away at clogs. It is safe to use and super-fast taking only minutes to work and is a highly efficient drain cleaning service.
- You hear gurgling sounds – small air bubbles are created when water flows over a clog and this is the source of the weird sounds that you hear. The only way to remove this sound is to remove those clogs and most clogs are deep within the pipework and need a professional to correct the issue.
- You see dirty water backing up into your sink or toilet – having standing water in your sink or bathtub is bad enough, but a more serious problem is if you see dirty water backing up onto the floor as well. If you smell sewage, you have a dangerous health hazard unfolding in your home. You need to call us straight away as you have a damaged or blocked sewer line.
- First things first, open your windows and doors – any sewer gas will contain ammonia and carbon monoxide and are hazardous to breathe. Once one of our technicians arrives, they will use a video camera on the end of flexible tubing to locate and evaluate the cause and extent of any blockage/damage.
- We do not use “Bio-Ben” for more serious clogs and blockages – we may use hydro-jetting during the drain cleaning service, to remove blockages. If there is damage to the sewer line, then other solutions need to be found. Our technician will keep you informed during the entire process and will help you decide what is the best option for you.
- Your toilet is blocked – again we do not advise you to pour too many strong chemicals down the toilet to remove a blockage as this may corrode pipes and joints. Perhaps a second flush will clear a small blockage, but repeated flushing is only going to cause your toilet to overflow. Imagine all that mess on your floor! Best call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach, to have it investigated and safely unblocked during a drain cleaning service.
How Do You Stop These Problems from Occurring in Myrtle Beach, SC?
By taking a few simple precautions, you can prevent many of these problems from happening. Be careful what you pour down a sink. Stop pouring warm grease, food, coffee grinds, and other materials down your sink. As the grease cools it will stick to the inside of the drainpipes. The food and other materials will stick to the grease and a clog is formed.
Be careful what you put into a toilet – Only flush water, human waste, toilet tissue, and some gentle cleaners down a toilet. Anything else is not designed to dissolve quickly in water and will cause a blockage if not flushed away. Using too much toilet tissue is also a bad idea and will cause you a slew of issues.
Do not keep flushing your toilet to clear a blockage! The most likely outcome is an overflow. This is not a mess you want to clean up yourself but to let one of our technicians do it for you. They have protective clothing to keep them safe from infection.
Let Us Deliver Your Drain Cleaning Service
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach is the drain cleaning service expert in Myrtle Beach, SC. We have experienced technicians available 24/7 and at weekends or holidays. If your toilet is blocked, you want the problem sorted out quickly and without fuss. If you need a drain cleaning service, please call us today!