The Grand Strand is an exciting place to live. People from all over the United States and many other countries come to visit the ‘Golf Capital of the World.’ All those travelers want to stay clean and comfortable, and reliable plumbing is at the top of the list when it comes to creature comforts. It’s just as important for Myrtle Beach, SC residents to have access to an affordable and trustworthy plumber, that’s us, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach!
A Vulnerable System
Plumbing is a much more vulnerable system than most people believe, and treating it as if it is impervious to harm is foolish, and expensive. Many older homes are at particular risk. After World War II, there was a housing boom in the United States. During this time period, lots of homes built in Myrtle Beach, SC were constructed with the pipes underneath tons of concrete making it difficult for any plumber to conduct a repair.
Unless you were there when the pipes were placed, it’d be difficult to say what condition they’re in. A slab leak is when the plumbing lines are put under too much pressure from a blockage, shifting soil, or corrosion and crack the concrete foundation. A slab leak is a serious repair but the main consideration is finding a plumber who will be upfront with you about the process, costs, and timeline.
That is when the experts from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach step in to save the day. We’re ready for any plumbing emergency whether it be a slab leak or clogged toilet. We’re here to help you get your home’s pipes back up in tip-top shape. Our team is the best in the industry. Every plumber is fully vetted, insured, and backed by our satisfaction guarantee.
Protecting Your Pipes
If you want to protect your plumbing from messy and complicated problems, then take our advice and make sure you hire a professional to conduct regular maintenance. A drain cleaning service goes a long way if you have a concrete foundation with plumbing underneath.
In these uncertain economic times, it seems counterintuitive to add another expense to the family budget, but a little bit of prevention can save you thousands, particularly, if you are in the hands of the right plumber!
Once a year, a plumber from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach will:
- Fix leaks — a dripping tap or leaking shower head isn’t just an annoying sound keeping you awake at night. A single drip per minute wastes enough water for nearly 200 showers. Imagine what it costs for that single drip every year!
- Clean slow drains — Slow-moving drains begin almost unnoticeably. However, like a toothache, those slow drains are just going to get worse with time. The best thing to do is call a Benjamin Franklin plumber to clear that major clog. You don’t want wastewater to back up into your home.
- Clean shower heads and faucet aerators — Low water pressure may be due to mineral deposits that have accrued inside the fixture, limiting the flow of water.
- Inspect the sewer line — A backed-up sewer line is one of the biggest headaches you can have as a property owner. Our plumbers use top-of-the-line technology, including a specialized camera to locate misaligned pipes, tree root interference, and breaks which all cause sewer line failure.
- Flush the water heater tank — The important reason we flush your water heater tank is to stop sediment and rust from creating a layer at the bottom of the tank. This is crucial because any layer can reduce the heating capability of the unit and reduce its efficiency and longevity.
- Fix the toilet flapper — A running toilet wastes tons of water. Replacing the flapper is a quick task during routine maintenance.
A Word about DIY and Store-Bought Chemicals!
A licensed plumber dispatched from our Myrtle Beach, SC offices goes through years of schooling, an apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. Don’t be fooled by a convincing online tutorial video that plumbing jobs are something anyone can repair. It’s not the truth. Every week we come across a do-it-yourself job that has gone seriously wrong. Most times the situation began as a simple repair, but a single wrong turn, and chaos erupts.
When it comes to your pipes, protect them by relying on the professionals at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach. Our many decades of experience have taught us the most efficient ways of handling any plumbing repair, big or small. The cost of calling a plumbing company may be inconvenient, but a botched fix can be outrageously expensive.
Another serious threat to your pipes is store-bought chemicals. These chemicals rarely actually reach the obstruction, instead, they eat away at the metal or plastic piping leaving your home vulnerable to floods and back-ups of wastewater. The potential damage is so devastating that your property could need entirely new plumbing.
Exercise caution and common sense when it comes to your pipes. Another piece of advice is to keep the drains free of items like coffee grinds, warm grease, and other binding foods. They create layers and layers of buildup which eventually lead to (you guessed it) a clog. Also, only human waste, water, and toilet paper should ever be flushed down the toilet. Even toilet paper should be limited because it is typically coated with a material that makes it resistant to breaking down in the water. A few large wads of toilet paper and you have yourself a blocked toilet.
We Keep Every Flush Clean
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach is dedicated to our community. Our values include honesty, hard work, affordability, expertise, and transparent pricing. You don’t have to take our word for it. Check out all our 5-star reviews online from our valued clients. To us, every job is an opportunity to make friends and demonstrate our value. We’re open around the clock, all year, and we are ready to take your call whenever you may need us. Protect your pipes, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach today!
See our previous post on this topic here!