There are close to 130,000 plumbing businesses in the US as of 2023. That means help is always near when you need a plumbing solution. Each of these businesses differs in terms of expertise and service quality. So, with such a large selection of plumbing services available, how can you tell which is the best plumbing company in Myrtle Beach, SC for you?
Here are the 6 best tips to help you find the right plumbing contractor for your needs:
1. Do Proper Research
A simple online search for a ‘plumbing company near me’ will provide you with a long list of plumbing companies in your area. It’s essential to gather information about each potential plumbing company before making a decision. You can use a spreadsheet or notepad to make notes to keep track of your findings. Here are different ways to research any potential plumbing service near you:
- Online reviews and testimonials: One of the quickest and most efficient ways to evaluate a company is to read reviews from past and current customers. You can find numerous customer reviews on Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, and other sites. These reviews will give you an idea of the level of service and customer satisfaction provided by different companies.
- Word of mouth: If you know a friend or family member who recently had a plumbing project done, reach out to them for recommendations. Ask them how they rate the company and if they have had any issues. Personal recommendations can be a great way to find a company you can trust.
- Check out their website: Plumbing companies typically have a website that describes their services and credentials in detail. It’s always a good idea to check out the website of any plumbing service before making a decision.
- Social Media: Plumbing contractors often have a presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Check the company’s social media pages to see if they have any positive reviews and testimonials.
- Check the Better Business Bureau: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) maintains a database of customer complaints and ratings for different companies. Check the BBB to see if the service provider you’re considering has any unresolved complaints or negative ratings.
2. Check for Licenses and Insurance
No matter how good a plumbing service provider may look on paper, it’s vital to ensure that they’re certified, licensed, and insured by relevant authorities. A license proves that the contractor is registered and qualified to offer services in your area. Therefore, the first thing to ask your chosen company is the working permit. They should provide you with a license irrespective of whether they’re a small or a prominent contractor.
Additionally, it’s best to ask the service provider to provide proof that their employees are insured and bonded. Not only does this ensure the safety of your property, but it also guarantees that you won’t be liable in case of any accidents on the job. If you work with an uninsured contractor, you may have to pay for any injuries or damages caused by the plumber.
3. Look for Experience
Experience is perhaps the most critical factor when choosing a plumbing service in Myrtle Beach, SC. You don’t want to hire an inexperienced plumber for your project since it could cost you big time. Plumbing projects are usually demanding, requiring an experienced person to complete the job successfully.
Feel free to ask the prospective company about their training and experience. Contractors that have been in the trades business for a long time are often more experienced and knowledgeable than starting companies. They should also be able to show you a portfolio of their past work or provide references from satisfied customers.
Besides looking at the company’s overall experience, it’s also a good idea to check the qualifications of the individual plumber working on your project.
4. Get Quotes from Multiple Companies
After the professional examines your plumbing needs, they should offer you an exact estimate and explain the work to be done beforehand. Most experienced plumbers provide a free estimate, meaning they’ll visit your home, assess the situation, and provide you with an accurate estimate.
However, don’t allow a plumber to quote you a price over the phone without first seeing the problem. Most property owners in Myrtle Beach make that mistake. Any estimate given this way is likely inaccurate and may change after the plumber sees the situation. It’s also advised that you get quotes from multiple companies and compare prices and the quality of services offered by each before making a decision.
Finally, get your quotes in writing. This ensures that there will be no surprises once the job is done, and you can avoid disputes with the contractor.
5. Check Their Level of Professionalism
Plumbing problems are stressful, and the last thing you want is to deal with an unprofessional plumber. A reputable plumbing service should provide exceptional customer service and a high level of professionalism throughout the process.
Ask questions to get an idea of how they handle their customers and then decide accordingly. Plumbers with a polite attitude, good communication skills, and an eagerness to help are usually the best.
6. Ask If They Provide Emergency Service
Ideally, you should hire plumbing companies that are available 24/7. Plumbing emergencies such as burst pipes or gas leaks can occur anytime, without warning, and can’t wait until regular business hours. Plumbers who offer emergency services are more reliable and can help you with your urgent needs as soon as possible.
Choosing the right plumbing service in Myrtle Beach, SC can be daunting, but following these tips can help you make the right decision. Plumbing projects are among the most costly and stressful repairs a homeowner can face. So do your research and find a reliable and experienced plumbing service.
If you’re looking for a plumbing service in Myrtle Beach with the above attributes, then look no more. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Myrtle Beach today!